I think that everytime I turn around something is going on with my family. For those of you who don't know my little brother and his wife are expecting a baby, but due to her blood sugar levels they have encountered some problems and she has been in the hospital twice now. We pray that eveything goes well but they are having a hard time keeping her blood sugar levels down. Pray! Pray! Pray!
Then last night I had a talk with my little sister, her and jeff are having some fertility problems. This is really hard for her because as you all know Kyle and I have had no problems and My brother and his wife have had no problems. She cried last night as we talked, I tried to comfort her the best I could. I know it is hard for her to share all of this with me. I told her that God has a plan for her life and maybe now is just not the right time for them. Lacy and Jeff are planning to move to Denver CO. sometime in the summer, and I tried to explain to her that moving and being pregnant is not easy and maybe their time will come when they get settled and have made friends in Denver. She said she understood but I really wish I had some other way to help her. Kyle and I have tossed around the idea of trying for baby #3 in February, but after all of this I am starting to change my mind. Lacy and Jeff have been trying since they got married, and if we were to get pregnant now I think it would really be hard for Lacy to handle. This has really been hard for me.
Well anyway here is what is on my mind today.
TTFN!
Paula
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I will be praying for your sister. I know firsthand the indescribable pain that comes with infertility and knowing that NO ONE understands your pain. Wanting something so badly, yet not having it. Speaking from experience, I would say to love on her...alot! Let her know that you love her so much, and while you don't understand what she is feeling or going through, that you do know that it just really stinks. Pray with her and for her! Tell her it is okay to cry, and then just listen...No one ever told me that it was okay to feel anger and fear, and frustration, and to cry, and I wish I had had that. Every emotion she has is valid. Pregnancy is everywhere so she is constantly reminded of what she wants so badly but doesn't have yet. Just love on her, all the time! She needs to know that your love and support are with her, and that you are always hoping and praying for God to work His Mighty Hands of power in this situation.
One other thing I would add is that people are going to say things that are painful. Try to help her through that by listening, and reminding her that people mean well, but just say the wrong thing.
Then of course, I would love her some more!
I'll be praying...
I will also be in prayer for your sister in law! I know she and Marcus are so excited about the new baby coming and I hope that her doctors can find a way to help her feel better! I had gestational diabetes during three pregnancies and it was a challenge. I will be praying both for her and Marcus and the baby, as well as the doctors who are taking care of them! Blessing of peace and joy!
When is she due?
Sorry for so many comments...I keep forgetting something!
Can you post some new pics of the girls? It has been a while since I have seen any pics and I know if your kids are like mine, they are growing bigger by the minute! :)
Post a Comment